Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Healing the Body Through Confession 2



      We carry a heavy burden. Thank God for His freedom.


Psalm 32 is one of my favorite passages of scripture. It is so deep and so filled with theological and practical wisdom. In my first post of this series I attempted to challenge my readers to dive into the depths of the wisdom of God as it is revealed in a short passage that links healing with sin and disease. 

In the first two verses we discovered that sin has four dimensions:

Rebellion/Pride that pushes us to do things on our own regardless of the will of the Heavenly Father. This was the preferred view of my childhood.

Guilt is the result of my rebellion. When I disobeyed the laws of God and must pay a penalty to clear my record and gain a clear conscience. 

Shame or Alienation from God's Family and the church family comes when I behave differently from the family codes.

Bondage is inbred and grows with each and every rebellious act and the resulting guilt. It all accumulates shame as time passes. 


Psalm 32 however, declares that we are blessed when we allow God to convert us from rebels, forgive our guilt, makes us His children and break the chains of slavery. Here are the promises of God again in this context. 



Blessed is he whose transgression (rebellion) is forgiven 
    whose sin (Bondage) is covered 
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord imputes no iniquity (Guilt),

    and in whose spirit there is no deceit (Shame)

I hope you can sing a joyous song of praise for what God has done, is doing and shall do for us sinners.

Psalm 32 is a blessing no matter how alert we are to the deeper meanings but it takes on even a more powerful meaning when I see how God orchestrated all 4 of the realities of sin to be removed by the works of Jesus. 

Our books, The Healing Release of the Holy Spirit and Breaking Free unpack these issues in depth. 







No comments: