A Recovery Group in Russia
Steps 1-3 get me into a personal, caring relationship with God.
1. I admitted I was powerless over my problems-that my life had become unmanageable.
2. I came to believe that a Power greater than myself could restore me to sanity.
3. I made a decision to turn my life over to the care of God as I understood Him
Steps 4-6 get me cleaned up morally and spiritually.
4. I made a searching and fearless moral inventory
5. I admitted to God myself and to another person the exact nature of my wrongs.
6. Was entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
Steps 7-9 help me change and get healed in my relationships.
7. I humbly asked Him to remove my shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons I had harmed; became willing to make amends to them.
9. Made direct amends to such persons whenever possible except when to do so would injure them or others.
Steps 10-12 get me on a continual process of healing, peace and growth.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and promptly admitted when I was wrong.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with God, praying only for the knowledge of His will for me and the power to carry it out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, I tried to carry this message to others and practice these principles in all my affairs.
AA uses Alcohol in the steps, Narcotics Anonymous uses drugs, Sex Addicts uses Sex, etc. For Christians we can simply use, “The Flesh” as St. Paul did in Romans 7:14-25. Get my book, Breaking Free to see an entire program for defeating besetting sins.