Monday, March 3, 2014

A Self-Exam From Me





John Wesley initiated some far out, radical methods for bringing people to faith and then discipling them into wellness and maturity. In my last post I copied some of his questions for self reflection and small group interaction. 

Out of his Spirit led genius came numerous organizations and ministries promoting growth and change. The Methodist Churches including The Wesleyan Church, The Salvation Army, The Holiness Church, Pentecostals of all stripes, Charismatics, the Oxford Movement, the Moral Rearmament Movement, the Small Group Movements, the 12 Step Recovery Movement, Girls Brigade and Boys Brigade, and, I suppose, many more.  

My Great Grand Father and Grand Mother met the Holy Spirit at a Holiness Camp Meeting in 1893. They became radically new people and started planting churches and reaching others for God and good.

Take a look at the past post and add these points for self reflection. 

I Am I getting enough rest, sleep and time away from work?
Is the relationship with my spouse intimate in every way?
Do I have compulsive sexual/emotional thoughts about a member of the opposite sex?
Do I “lord it over anyone?
Do I show evidence of over eating, drinking or working?
Do my words, looks or behavior wound others?
Is my anger ever a problem?

Want to learn more? Breaking Free on sale now for only $3.99. Get it quickly!!!


No comments: