Saturday, September 30, 2017
One time I attended a memorial service so inspirational that a friends said, "It almost makes me wish I had been in the casket!"
The memorial service for Bob Wade, Ph. D, at College Hill Presbyterian Church, was at that level of inspiration. Bob was a brilliant scientist, leader at P&G, and a servant leader at CHPC.
Bob leaves his wife Sue, one of God's most loving, and joyful lay leaders at the church. They have two children and several grandchildren filled with the memories of his love.
Bob and Sue were key people in equipping emphasis at CHPC with national and international impact. The legacy of Bob will linger long in hundreds of hearts and thousands of people around the world. Bob was a quiet and dedicated Christian that let his walk do most of the talk.
His life exemplifies why equipping and unleashing all of God's people is biblical.
Our ministry has benefitted from the gifts and care of Bob and Sue for many years and saw up close their genuine love for God.
Monday, September 11, 2017
Four of us from Life Way Counseling Centers spent a few days at Ground Zero. It was just two weeks after the shameful attack on civilians by pagan cowards. Two of us had the shift from 1:00 AM until 1:00 PM, usually described as the "Graveyard Shift" and it was anything but a quiet and docile time.
The three tents were placed just a couple of blocks from the downed towers and the air was filled with tiny bits of their remains. One night I sat next to the morgue tent that sat empty but expectant of being filled with the bodies of men and women brought out of the carnage. But none came because everything had been atomized when a hundred weighty floors fell.
While there I, as a Chaplain/Counselor, was able to listen to the long, painful stories of police and firemen who worked day and night to recover their family members, colleagues, and friends.
We were all sad to look ahead and see the reality of wars to come to eliminate the evil men that planned such a horrible event. Here we are today mourning the fact that more good men and women have lost their lives and homes as the result of bitterness and hate unleashed on our nation.
One of the jobs of a Christian like me is to lead people that have suffered to leave their bitterness behind by following the teachings of Jesus to forgive. Ground Zero is an example of what happens when people have no faith leaders that teach redemption and starting over.
Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who have trespassed against us.
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from the evil one.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.
Let us pray this often; even daily.
Thursday, September 7, 2017
Those who know the Myers Briggs will enjoy this.
- ISTJ - God, help me to begin relaxing about little details tomorrow at 11:41:32 am
- ISFJ - Lord, help me to be more laid back, and help me to do it exactly right
- INFJ - Lord, help me not be a perfectionist (Did I spell that right?)
- INTJ - Lord, keep me open to others' ideas, wrong though they may be
- ISTP - God, help me to consider people's feelings, even if most of them are hypersensitive
- ISFP - Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if You don't mind my asking)
- INFP - Lord, help me to finish everything I sta
- INTP - Lord, help me be less independent, but let me do it my way.
- ESTP - God, help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though they're usually not my fault
- ESFP - God, help me to take things more seriously especially parties and dancing
- ENFP - God, help me keep my mind on one thing - Look, a bird - at a time.
- ENTP - God, help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a few minutes
- ESTJ - God, help me to try not to run everything, but if You need some help, just ask.
- ESFJ - Lord, give me patience and I mean right now
- ENFJ - God, help me to do only what I can and trust You for the rest. Do You mind putting that in writing?
- ENTJ - God, help me to slow downandnotrushthroughwhatId