Sunday, September 27, 2015

I'm From the Government and I am here to helpYou



In my youth a comedian named Brother Dave was famous for a skit about Federal Government "Help". During the Depression, many people planted gardens in order to survive. One day a man in a black suit driving a new Ford drove up to  a farm and said to the sweating farmer, "I'm from the Government and I am here to help you".

The hard working farmer asked, "Great! I need help. What can you do for me?"

The Federal man said, "Plow that garden up!"

That is still going on. Beware anyone bearing free gifts, especially if they are from DC. They always make it worse.

Taking advice from a Government Bureaucrat about fixing poverty is like taking marital advice form a teenage girl. All emotion and no wisdom or experience.




No comments: