Monday, August 20, 2012

God's Will

Many years ago I was very anxious to find God's will for my life. I anxiously prayed and read books about the topic. One author promised to help me find "God's perfect will." wow, I dug into that book with great expectations. Now I would find His PERFECT will for my life and never wonder again if I were missing it. Peace at last.

The author used terms like Permissive Will and Perfect Will and it was up to me to find the difference. In fact, the whole thing was up to me. If I missed finding God's Perfect Will and lived my whole life wrongly I would face a disappointed Jesus at the Great White Throne Judgment.

It seemed that this guy found His Perfect Will hard to find. I was having to hunt, sweat, worry and coil out a lot of forms to get it.  At the end of the book I was as confused as ever. No wonder few Christians do any strong ministry. They do not know if it is God's Perfect Will or not.

I think God is bigger and more transparent than that. I think it is almost mpossible to miss His will. Of course outright rebellion will do it but I mean doing ministry and going about my daily life. God is real clear about that stuff and I do not try too hard to find His will on every thing I do. As Luther said, "Love  God and do what you want."

I love my wife and want to please her. We almost never disagree about important matters. We are one flesh so I intuitively know her interests and goals. I love her and do what I want. She loves me and does what she wants. It is easy.

All the anxiety and gnashing of teeth about submission and decisions in marriage are useless if not damaging. All the anxiety about trying to please God and obedience is useless and counter productive. Love covers all those issues.

I have been crucified with Christ, never the less I live.

I am dead to sin and alive to God.

Stop worrying about your sin. It isn't! That big a deal.


Gary
Www.sweetenlife.com



No comments: