Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Interpersonal Conflicts and Slander





James 4: 11 

Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 

12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

This is one passage of scripture I rarely if ever heard taught in church. However, I really needed to hear God's word and adopt it as a rule for my life.

I like groups of men that tease, put each other down and make fun of famous people. It is a lot of fun. It makes me feel better about myself as though I won a contest with the person I put down.

It also draws me closer to other smart alecs because it seems to put us on the same team againts someon else. But, despite the way my evil self feels, the Holy Spirit brings me conviction and Guilt! What can I do?

Who can deliver me from my imprisonment to a sinful nature? Only Jesus Christ Romans 7:24-25

Maybe I can read some of my own books and see what the author said. Here is the link.


No comments: