Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Changing Churches and Changing Society



I have been subjected to preachers and preaching all my life. My parents took me to church as a baby and I have not stopped since.

That means I have heard thousands of sermons, devotions, talks and meditations. Almost every single one of them was designed to motivate me to change.

I have changed. A lot but rarely as a result of a  sermon or talk. In fact, I like most people, resist being preached to and harangued.

And, since the people running churches and preaching are all trying to be change agents, what are they doing to motivate us pew sitters to change?

What are the outcomes from all that attempted change?

Great Change? Some Change? No Change?

By the way, Jesus was pretty successful as a change agent. What was his successful process?




No comments: