Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Doing the Works of Jesus?



John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.

Are we doing those things?

Any of the things Jesus did?
None???
All?
More??

Think for a moment about the ministry of Jesus. It only lasted about three years in a tiny nation with a few people.

Now there are over 2 Billion Christians in the world. Somebody is doing the stuff.

Even I, a relatively unknown man, have been a Christian for 67 years and traveled around the world preaching, teaching and praying for people. So, I have been in ministry 20 to 30 times longer than Jesus in areas far larger and wider than He did. I have equipped thousands of Christians to DO what Jesus did in over 100 nations.

I am just one, small and unknown minister.

There are now millions of people like me so we are collectively doing much more than Jesus because His main message was to Make Disciples and we are doing that. He trained a few dozen but they have trained over 2 billion people.

He healed a few people but we have collectively built hospitals, witnessed, become ministers, prayed for the sick, etc for 2000 years. We reared our kids to serve the Lord and helped the weak and infirm.

We could do more if we equipped others. See how here!



No comments: