Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Why Anoint with Oil?



I have shared a lot of ideas about anointing oil recently. It is not because I think the oil has any kind of magical qualities. I do not think it does. Let me relate another secret from my years of praying for the sick. (SHHHH! I use oil that is scented! Why, you ask? It smells better than old olive oil. I like it and the person receiving prayer likes it.)

Here is my take on why oil is important. It brings us close to each other. Sick people can sometimes feel alienated. Laying hands on them brings us into personal contact. Research in Counseling shows that touch that is not invasive is therapeutic. People feel loved, approved, accepted and get a surge of faith during that kind of prayer.

Read Breaking Free to learn more about healing prayers.

Gary Sweeten


No comments: