Monday, October 21, 2013

5. Healing and Sin



I knew a man who was obsessed with sexual encounters. That is about all he thought about every day all day. He had a large legal practice. He employed three lovely young women to work for him. He had sex with at least one of them daily.

Every night he had two or three dates just to make sure he would be able to have sex again. Kirk had been married three times with beautiful women but as soon as he got married he was unable to have sex with them. He could only perform with women that were single.

He had an important case about ready to go to court. It made him so nervous and anxious that he was afraid he would lose. He heard of my reputation as a person known to help compulsive and addicted sex addicts so he called for an appointment. He came in and got right to the point.

Kirk: "Can you heal me?" 

Gary: "No, but God can. I don't heal anyone but I can pray and offer you counsel."

Kirk: "I don't want to be totally healed. I like having sex two or three times every day. But I can't do that and win this case. Can you help me?"

Gary: "If you don't want to be completely healed you won't. Change in sexual activities requires faith and works."

Question for you readers. If Kirk had wanted to be healed, could God do it? Could God take his compulsive drive for multiple sex partners away? Is sexual healing possible? 

And, if God did heal the compulsive sex, would that be the end of the healing or would it not be enough? Would more counsel, prayer, work, time be needed to heal other things? Is the sex the worst thing, the easiest thing or the only thing that needs to be healed?

Interested in healing and counseling and discipleship? Get this book. 


No comments: