Thursday, October 24, 2013

Praying for the Sick




A friend mentioned to me last week that the wife of another friend had to be admitted to the emergency room for surgery in the night. They had to do a very serious surgery to save her life and the question was now, is the tumor cancer.

I sent a text to my friend saying I was in prayer for his wife and to let me know if I could do anything. It was right after the surgery so I did not expect an answer but I wanted to encourage him that we were praying.

Long distance prayers have been found in research to be effective. Most of the time we must pray over some distance because we are not present with the person in need. However, up slose and personal prayers are much better, IMO!

So my next tweet was short and sweet:

Have oil!
Will travel!

I received a tweet back.

When can you come over. She is at home recovering.

Why do you think I said that thing about oil? Maybe oil is just superstition. I always heard it was used way back in Bible times as a medicine to kill the germs. Maybe that is true, but I think it is more than simply symbolic.

What think ye?

Get Breaking free from the past to read more about healing.

No comments: