Thursday, May 10, 2018

John Donne 1623






This is always first. Everything must bring praise to God!
.
A Hymn to God the Father

Will You forgive that sin where I begun,
Which is my sin, though it were done before?
Will You forgive that sin through which I run,
And do run still, though still I do deplore?
When You are done, You are not done,
For I have more.
Will You forgive that sin which I have won
Others to sin? and made my sin their door?
Will You forgive that sin which I did shun
A year or two, but wallowed in a score?
When You are done, You are not done,
For I have more.
I have a sin of fear, that when I have spun
My last thread, I shall perish on the shore;
Swear by Yourself, that at my death Your Son
Shall shine as he shines now and heretofore;
And, having done that, You have done,
I fear no more.


Psalm 103:12 "as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us." 

Micah 7:19 "He will again have compassion upon us, he will tread our iniquities under foot. Thou wilt cast all our sins into the depths of the sea."

Give thanks and honor our God.

No comments: