Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Why Support Foreign Missions?


                             Trying to hear the Lord's call!

When we first head the call of the Lord to take the good news to the people in Russia, I was a skeptic. A big skeptic! It was 1987 or 88 and we were in Norway but the pull to "Go Farther East to Russia" was strong.

My first response was, "There is no way the Communists will allow us to take our message of freedom and liberty into that closed society. (Remember that Russia was really the USSR back then. It was an atheist country.)

Then in 1988 I spoke with a Norwegian member of the Bible Society who said that the Ambassador had approached them to request 1000 Bibles in the Russian language! What was happening?

God was breaking down the Iron Curtain and I was unable to see it. (Go to the web to read more about our work.)

Despite my lack of faith, God took us to Russia and I have seen miracles. Pray for our ministry there. 


No comments: