Sunday, July 23, 2017

A Christian Brand worth Billions



The headline I saw in the Wall Street Journal this morning really grabbed my attention. It was:

After Jacques Hamel’s murder, his archbishop asked God for help loving his enemies.

Fr. Jacques was Roman Catholic Priest in France murdered by Islamic terrorists. Afterward, the Premier of France called the Archbishop and said, in my paraphrase, "Please, let us discuss what to say before you go public. I do not want national riots. What will you say?" He answered

"I will ask God for help in loving my enemies".

What a great Christ inspired response. I am unsure If I could have replied with such mercy and grace myself.

The Archbishop is blessed because he is a peacemaker.

May God give us the strength to be peacemakers.


No comments: