Thursday, October 9, 2014

Developing Spiritual Peace and Joy 5



Know God Experientially 6For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. II Timothy 1

For many of us, knowing God is an institutional arrangement. We go to church with about as much enthusiasm as we go to the Dentist.  Since 1958 my life was rocked when the Holy Spirit came upon me in a personal, experiential manner. It was scary but life changing in a positive manner. 

I was driving from my home in Ina to a larger town about ten miles away.Just south of Ina, very near the County Line Road that 57 Ford Fairlane was filled with a glowing light and I heard a voice say, "Gary! Choose this day whom you will serve!"

I knew it was the voice of God. I replied, "To you, Lord because only you have the words of life". This experience was a baptism of fire and Spirit that gave a new meaning to the term "Know God". Before that I had known about God but now I knew God from experience. 

To know in Hebrew means to experience! That night I was introduced to God in a new way. From then on I was never satisfied with just knowing ABOUT God. I want to know him in my mind, my heart, my feet, my hands my feelings, etc. 


Communion on the beach after baptisms of hundreds of people. See my book, The Healing Release of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: