Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Have to Have Spiritual Peace and Joy 3




We have covered Spiritual Basics and Positive Power and today we will share about:

Assertive Approach to God Hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught Psalm 55:2

It is almost impossible to read the Psalms without concluding the writers were very aggressive when asking a God to bless them. There are constant demands for God to hear them, be with them, destroy their enemies, etc. 

I like to suggest that there are three simple ways to pray. 

Seek God

Speak to God


Soak ourselves in and with God.


Today, Seek God. By this I mean learn to assertively ask for the Holy Spirit to be in us and with us in a discernible manner. Scripture is clear that Christians will uniquely have God with them and in them, but by Seeking the manifest presence of the Spirit we are doing everything we can to have experiences with the Spirit that we can feel, hear and find relief. 

This leads me to move from just Speaking to God but asking the Spirit to Speak to us. This must move us from Asking to Meditating. Meditation is a learned skill that requires time, energy and self discipline. Perhaps the biggest challenge is time and focus.


Our lives are filled with interruptions and busyness. Some seem like good actives but Seeking God through meditation can be better.


Meditation usually leads us to Contemplation or "Resting in a God". In a John 15 Jesus says we are to "Abide in the vine for I am the Vine". 


See my book Power Christian Thinking for more on this topic.










No comments: