Sunday, September 7, 2014

Burned out Christians



Jesus promised peace. Why then are so many of us Christians, including Ministers and Missionaries, suffering from anxiety and depression? Why do we fail at being peaceful? Why are we anxious in violation of the Bible's command not to be anxious? (Now I am anxious because I am anxious and I know my anxiousness is a sin!!! YIKES!)

There are people who call themselves Christian Counselors who approach anxiety and depression with that attitude. If you are anxious you are living in a chronically sinful state. (Well that sure helps me recover!)

Many of these people represent Reformed churches and groups that promote the notion of God's Sovereign Grace. I applaud God's grace and ask for it daily. However, to accuse anxious Christians of living in chronic rebellion is relying on works of the Law not grace.

In fact, many of us have an increase of anxiety after becoming Christians. Why? Because non believers are not attempting to live above sin. They are not trying to be perfect. Far too many believers are deluded into thinking they "should" live as perfectly as Jesus.

No wonder they are filled with the opposite of peace. They increase in anxiety and worry because they are trying to obey the commandments of both the Old Testament and the New. Wow! That is impossible.

Watch my free videos at our web or get some of my books to learn how to stop worrying and start living. 



No comments: