Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Defeating Anxiety

                                My Brain During Anxiety

One of the things that keeps me sane and blessed is listening to great music. I love the Oslo Gospel Choir and The Hillsongs who sing with talent and spirit.

The little girls singing on this You Tube is also terrific.

When I am down and uptight I can usually get through by worshiping, prayer and meditation. Good music assists me greatly.

To Ruminate: Think on the bad stuff and feel self pity

If you want your brain to pour on the stress chemicals thane by all means RUMINATE of RUIN. 

To Meditate: Think on the things of God.

If you want peace and joy, MEDITATE:

Do not let anxiety overcome you because of life’s problems. Pray and thank God and you will have peace. Think on the things that are true, honorable, pure, right, lovely, a good reputation, excellent, stuff worth our affirmation, and dwell on them mindfully. And practice what you know. Philippians 4: Selected Verses

No comments: