Thursday, August 21, 2014




During an intense time of research about how best to support families with a disabled child, I came across a great article by Dr. Knestrict called, Holland. It tells how parents who have a disabled child are very much like a couple planning to fly to Italy for vacation only to land in Holland. They never planned on being in Holland so what do they do? He relates how different parents, he calls them Remarkable Parents, decide to make the most of Holland for, after all, that is where the plane landed.

I was very excited and copied the article to take it to my meeting at Panera Bread with my partner Ron Peake.  I walked excitedly into Panera and said “Ron! I just found an article by some Professor at Xavier named Tom Knestrict. He is doing research on our issue and he lives here in Mason!” All of a sudden a guy at a back table shouted, “That is me. I am Tom Knestrict!”

It did not take long for us to become friends and colleagues with this Christian man. Later we attended the Remarkable Families seminar at Xavier and another God thing occurred. One of his speakers failed to show and a woman that heard me preach at Horizon asked if I could pinch hit. The topic was “Cognitive Theory and Stress Reduction!” I excitedly said “YES!” I shared the Power Christian Thinking materials from my book! 

The next year Dr. Knestrict invited me to be the keynote speaker. See the Vimeo recording at Sweeten Life.com 


My friends, God is at work and we need your ongoing support as we launch tools that can impact health American care. I have long desired to see Christians impact the nation and this could be the way it happens.  Led Us to Dr. Knestrict:

No comments: