Friday, November 1, 2013

I am Speaking Sunday Morning



My friend Brad Rosenberg Pastor of Tri-County Assembly of God is in India so he asked me to speak for him this Sunday at the 10:15 service. This is in Fairfield, Ohio just north of Cincinnati.

TCA was founded in about 1967 as a plant by First Christian Assembly, now The People's Church, near The University of Cincinnati. As an Assistant Dean of Students Karen and I stared a small Bible study in our home a few blocks away. It grew to average 50 to 75 people weekly and many came to Christ out of drugs, sexual abuse, trauma, etc. We were overwhelmed and needed some place to take the students and get support for our kids.

When I walked into Pastor Miller's office with my beard and long hair I must have been a fright. When I asked if I could bring over 50 Jesus freaks to the church I was a disaster. But he said we could and they loved us and helped us for years. We have been friends ever since.

I am preaching Sunday about Renewed Christian Thinking. Brad asks me to teach annually on that topic and I love it. Come on over and join in with me to enjoy a wonderful worship at TCA.

No comments: