Saturday, March 30, 2013

Christian Symbols of Easter




Yesterday I posted about the fake or even pagan symbols that most of us use for Easter. Just as Santa, Fir Trees and Snow seem to be the favorite pagan representations of Christmas, The Bunny and Eggs are what the public wants to use for Easter. My post brought forth several comments on Facebook about the Bunny. My favorites are:

Ban the Bunny!

Resurrection Rabbit!

That Rascally Rabbit! 

Read through the following story from the Holy Bible and see if you can pick out its symbol for Easter.
 
 Luke 19:31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”
33 But he replied, “Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death.”
34 Jesus answered, “I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me.”


 Gary Sweeten

No comments: