Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Generational Heritage

I recently wrote a book on the biblical approach to family of origin counseling. I dedicated it to my Great Grandfather John Thomas Dempsey and his Wife Belle McKinney Dempsey and Daughter Nancy Ann Dempsey Taylor and family. Their photos are below. Mom Dempsey Taylor was about ten so this was probably taken in 1905.



In March the New Hope Free Will Baptist Church will have a reunion and I am driving back to Ina, Illinois to join the festivities. My Great Grandparents were charter members in 1894 and their daughter was a tiny baby.

Grand Dad Dempsey was ordained and became one of the early Pastors of New Hope Church. Here is his picture with other Free Will Baptists at Tamaroa, IL conference. He is in the third row from the bottom five men from the left.





Grand Dad Dempsey with one of the congregations he Pastored. 




No comments: