Monday, January 2, 2012

Facing eternity


PS. I heard a very sad story yesterday from a friend I sometimes meet for coffee at McDonald's. (They have senior coffee for 50 cents) He went to the hospital to visit a very sick friend who was dying. He was determined to offer hims some words of comfort at this final hour. The fellow greeted my friend and added, "It is a very sad time." My buddy agreed and started to offer something more but the guy said, "The stock market went down over 300 points yesterday and I lost 4 million dollars. It really upsets me."

He died that night. That is sad because he obviously worshiped his money at the final hour. At the funeral there was no U'HAUL connected to the hearse. One of the man's kids joked that he thought about putting a big check in the coffin.

What are you worshiping? Anything or anybody you can take with you to the great beyond?

No comments: