Sunday, August 13, 2017

Praying for Peace for Individuals


Last week I posted the Prayer of St. Francis and suggested we pray it for others. Lord, Make me an instrument of peace as I relate to my wife, _________.

PRAYER FOR PEACE
St. Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O, Divine Master,
Grant the I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
And it is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life.

Amen


Then go through the entire prayer that way for her.

Start over each day and look for her to have more signs of peace.

Do this for a week.

I asked a couple a few weeks ago to practice the prayer with each other and their three children. It had a wonderfully positive impact on the whole family with the exception of one child. Four out of five family members had improved peace.

Try the Lord and see what happens then let me know.

Go to our web if you need more great, uplifting support.





No comments: