Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Power of God





Tomorrow is Pentecost! It is a celebration of the time when God released His Holy Spirit on all who believe. It was the promise for which generations had waited. Joel 2:

Blow the trumpet in Zion;
sound the alarm on my holy mountain!
Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble,
    for the day of the Lord is coming, it is near,
a day of darkness and gloom,
    a day of clouds and thick darkness!
Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains
    a great and powerful people;
their like has never been from of old,
    nor will be again after them
    through the years of all generations.

28  “And it shall come to pass afterward,
    that I will pour out my spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
    your old men shall dream dreams,
    and your young men shall see visions.
29 Even upon the menservants and maidservants
    in those days, I will pour out my spirit.

Since that grand and glorious day the Holy Spirit has arisen from women and men, old and young, rich and poor. In no other faith are all people so blessed. It has certainly taken many centuries for God's people to accept His word. For centuries the church discriminated against women and said slavery was acceptable. However,  God's promises have been working to liberate and release His people ever since.

There is also a promise here that everyone will be gifted and called to be messengers of God. The greatest revivals are yet to come, even greater than Pentecost. God spoke to me in 1983 and said, "I am pouring out my Spirit on my people for a New Reformation. In the First Reformation I took my word out of the hands of the few and gave it to everyone. In this Reformation I am taking my works out of the hands of the few and giving them to everyone."

This new way of ministry has been occurring since the 1960's when the Jesus Movement came to us in love and power. It is being replicated in every nation with men and women of all classes and stations in life. It can never be stopped.

QUESTION: What is the best film representation of God's unleashed power on earth? Think about that question and write me what you think.

No comments: