Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Growing Up To God

From Scoffer to Spiritually Alive and Growing

All life is a process. People go through various stages whenever the Lord is drawing them toward Him. In the chart below I have scaled out 20 steps of change that range all the way from minus ten meaning alienation and blindness to a need or desire to change to plus ten that indicates the person is involved in ministry according to the call of Christ.

Motivational level Our Wise Ministry

10-9 = Rebels at any change--Offer Kindness of God

8-7 = No intention to change-- Offer Prayers, Assistance

6-5 = Change may be possible-- Offer Support, Encouragement

4-3 = I need to change-- I will help you set goals

2-1 = I have decided to do it!-- I will be with you

-0- = The first steps of change -- I am here, lets find others

1-2 = Continues despite lapses. Relapse prevention

3-4 = Gains strength & confidence Support from church

5-6 = New habits begin to form-- Encourage, teach, mentor

7-8 = Lifestyle firms up-- Equip for specific areas

9-10= I will take initiative-- Maturity apparent Support Them

No comments: