Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Spiritual Disciplines


On Monday, August 8 I am teaching on Spiritual Disciplines at the Life Way Counseling Center in Blue Ash. In preparation I am re-reading a book by that title which Richard Foster wrote over 20 years ago. It is still a wonderful book and I strongly recommend it especially for Seasoned Believers.

I remember when we brought Richard to Cincinnati . He spoke at College Hill Presbyterian and we had a wonderful time. He was rare among those who helped us actually encounter God and His word and not just sit passively and take in a preacher's ideas about God.

At CHPC we sponsored annual retreats and times away to hear God and develop a deeper relationship with Him. Some of my friends are still leading those kinds of retreats. Go to the web of this local group Times of Refreshment to find when they are having another one.

But come and be with me at Life Way Monday night. Go to the Life Way Centers web for directions. Or, see the Sweeten Life web page and the announcement on our last newsletter.

We will actually practice seeking God together so sign up today. Seating is limited.

No comments: