Monday, April 29, 2013

Healthy Powerful Small Groups



Many churches are trying to develop something good but are confused about their goals. Are small groups supposed to deepen the fellowship, do outreach, bring healing, know scripture, make disciples, care for the hearts and souls of the members, or ALL OF THE ABOVE?

When I ask about the goals for groups I get all those items and sometimes more as the answer. In the groups themselves the leaders do not know what the goals are, they do not know what curriculum, if any, to use, and it is impossible to assess the success of the groups.

Write me an relate what the groups in your church are supposed to accomplish and how they are doing. I will pass it on anonymously. I will later share some ideas with you. I have a book on the topic. Healing Souls Touching Hearts.

If you could do anything with a small group what would it be?

Blessings,

Gary Sweeten


No comments: