Sunday, September 28, 2014

Spiritual Peace 3. Prayer is Seeking God



I recently posted about there being three ways to pray.

Seek God
Speak with God
Soak in God's Presence

I covered ways to Seek a God but want to add to my thoughts on that part because it is so important. Seeking God does not require a lot of energy, excitement and activity. In fact, many depressed people and addicts have discovered the importance of Seeking God's Presence when they are down.

I remember a time soon after experiencing a very rough time of having friends attack and destroy me. It was probably the worst time of my life and I became angry, hurt and depressed. During the lowest part of that period I found relief by Seeking God. Through the "Slough of Despondence I was somehow able to encounter God in a very few places.

One was listening to certain music. The Hallelujah Chorus was my favorite. I never failed to connect with The Lord as I listened, wept and cried out to Him for relief. God met me and used scriptures and songs I knew by hear to convict me of my errors and show me why I had opened myself to the betrayal by people I thought cared for me.

I was not glad to see my part or my sins, but over time even that part of Seeking and Encountering the Holy Spirit Became a blessing.  I was unable to provide the energy I needed to Seek The Lord but the music got through to my heart

My book, The Healing a Release of the Holy Spirit might help you understand our need to connect with God. 





No comments: