Sunday, September 21, 2014

How to have Peace and Joy 1




I prefer to teach by using simple acronyms that spell out a message. For Example in a recent series of Posts telling readers how to be miserable, I used the acrostic APART because miser tears us APART!

Starting today I am doing a series on developing peace and joy. My acrostic spells out SPARK because the fruit of the Spirit gives us a spark for life. 

Spiritual Basics
Positive Power
Assertive Approach to God
Renew My Mind
Know God Personally and Experientially 

I will begin with Spiritual Basics When I was a child I spoke as a child, thought as a child and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up I put away those childish things.

One of the keys to spiritual abundance is following the scripture that says we need to "Leave mother and father..." Genesis 2:24

This is not speaking about physically leaving but emotionally and spiritually. So much of my misery came from thinking like my family thought and repeating their errors of Stinking Thinking. 

By leaving home we have an opportunity to discover new ideas and new ways of thinking. For example, I was reared to pray for a support foreign missions. As an adult I was invited to teach and preach in many countries that required me to fly. 

Because of my early training in positive thinking about missions I was eager to go. However, my mother was a prisoner of Stinking Thinking. She was terrified of flying and because of that she did not want me to follow my heart into missions. 

I had to leave those parts of my childish thinking behind. As a result we have established Gospel Equipping Centers in over 100 nations. Had I not left developed the Spiritual Basics of hearing and following God I might have stayed at home where it was safe. 

Get my books on growing up in Christ so you can develop Spiritual Basics also. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ! I am still like a child in my thinking , Even I am as grown up . I am Christian , an belive in God ! I have finished 1.year of Bibleschool ! How to have more courage and developing spiritual basiics and to hear God and following him ! How did you leave your Childish thinking behind ? And have you read The Bible many times both old and new testament ? What is wrong with Childish thinking , Jesus say that we shall become like children to enter Gods Kingdom ! Thank you for answering me ! I am a Norwegian woman and really like to follow Jesus , how can I do it? Sincerly regards Ragnhild

Gary Sweeten said...

Thanks for your comment. I have many friends in Norway that know my teachings. Go to my web www.sweetenlife.com and get my email address. Send me an email and I will give you their names.