Tuesday, September 16, 2014

How to be Miserable



Stinking Thinking that leads to Anxiety and Depression

Pessimistic Thinking follows a general path to misery. Unfortunately, it works almost every time. It starts with some sort of Adversity that kicks off my Pessimistic Thinking Patterns.  

Adversity In this world you will have tribulation John 16:33

Pessimism My troubled thoughts prompt me to answer because I am greatly disturbed. Job 20:2   
   
Pessimism has several components.

Perfectionism, that assumes I could be perfect and should be perfect. 

I end up Personalizing all my Problems by thinking bad things always come to me. I am cursed and tainted! 

I also assume the Problems are Pervasively impacting all of my life and are Permanently a part of me.   
        
Pessimism leads to Aggravation/Anger. I know that scripture says "Be angry but do not misuse it." Eph 4:26 so I am sinning because I am angry and Anxious!
My anger is either turned inward on myself, which is wrong and sinful or on others which is equally wrong. This brings me to a mind that tends to:

Ruminate How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Psalm 13:2                                                                                                             

After a while, this negative, pessimistic Rumination brings:                  

Self-Trauma You are covetous but can’t get what you want so you quarrel and fight James 4:2 


Want to know more? Want relief? Get my book, Power Christian Thinking for a measly $3.99!

No comments: