Friday, June 13, 2014

My Call To Ministry



Mt. Vernon Community College Spring Dance

After being accosted at age 20 by the Savior that June evening I had no idea about what to do as a follow up.
I had a very strong desire to go to college. However, in our small town, college was a rarity. In my church it was close to being a sin.

But God's call was clear: "Quit your job. Go to Mt. Vernon Community College. I did even though it was two years since I had been in high school. I was fearful because I had hated high school and never learned to study what they wanted me to learn. I had rebelled to my own detriment.

But I signed up and started school. I loved college because it was open, free and spontaneous like my elementary school had been. At Ina Grade School we had eight grades and four teachers so the kids taught each other. College was the same. It was team work just like Grade School. But high school considered helping each other cheating.

College was made for guys like me. I soared with the easy going ways of the school and my teachers. I made the honor roll! It was a miracle.

I taught five years in my home school and other places. I had some conflicts with my boss and resigned to get a Masters in Counseling and that really turned me on. God was leading with an invisible hand.

After college went to Cincinnati and discovered the move of God called, "The Jesus Movement". But that is too fast. Read the history of The Jesus Movement by Larry Eskridge in God's Forever Family, Oxford University Press, 2013.

See my story since Cincinnati.

No comments: