Sunday, September 8, 2013

Multiplying Impact-A Personal Story or Two


                                                One of the men killed by Pol Pot in Cambodia

Since I have been writing about the biblical model of impacting the world I have been sensitive to analyzing my own ministry impact. In the past week or so I have had a good bit of feedback from people who have been impacted by our ministries over the years.

Most of my ministry has been equipping and teaching as well as writing materials.  I am happy to report that our growth equipping centers have spread from Cincinnati to 80 to 100 nations and most are led by people whom I have never met. They are usually people who do not know I exist but who were impacted by our training, our people and the Discipleship methods that Jesus commanded and St. Paul practiced. Many use the materials we developed.

I was teaching one time in San Mateo, CA when a Pastor/Evangelist born and reared in Cambodia stood to tell how he had been blessed by our books and papers. He had come to faith in Christ during the Pol Pot regime and got to a refugee camp where missionaries trained in Teleios prayed for him and his family. The family received a lot of healing from the grief of losing their family and the persecution suffered under the cruel Pol Pot regime.

The Pastor was about 4' 5" and he suddenly asked my forgiveness. I was shocked because we had never met. In fact I had no idea he existed until that day in San Mateo. He began to weep and said how sorry he was that he "stole my materials". I asked how that happened and he said he was taught Rational Christian Thinking by the Missionaries in the refugee camp. He took their materials and translated them into Cambodian. The Brother walked over to me and showed me RCT in Cambodian and asked if it was translated sufficiently. I could not read it of course but I said, "It looks great!" I forgave him and offered it free of charge to be used to teach Cambodians forever. The class and I were in tears as this tiny Pastor shared such an emotional story. 

Can you imagine the one in a million chances of such a thing happening? It was remarkable that a Cambodian refugee was brought to faith in Christ. It was miraculous that he and his family were emotionally healed through Australian Missionaries from YWAM. It was shocking that they were using our  materials developed at the Teleios center of College Hill Presbyterian Church in Cincinnati. It was unbelievable that he was a Pastor in California who had translated the Apples of Gold to use with his refugee congregation!

 I hope he is still teaching and healing the Cambodian Christian community. 

The healing dance goes on. If you want to become an international ministry multiplier get our materials and learn how to set the captives free. Start with the Rational Christian Thinking materials that are upgraded into Power Christian Thinking.



                                          

No comments: