Saturday, September 28, 2013

Evangelism, Sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ





I have been challenged lately to sort of "Prove" that we are a true, blue Mission Organization. One Pastor said, "You work IN the Church not out of the Church to bring people to Christ. That got my attention because we "Equip God's people to do all of those things. They are clear to me but we have obviously failed to communicate our mission, vision and strategy as well as our outcomes to others.

So here goes with my explanation. Missiologists and others interested in witnessing, sharing the gospel and winning people to Christ all over the world break those activities into four categories.

Evangelism/Mission 0-A focus on people inside the church who are not yet reborn.
Evangelism/Mission 1-People in my culture and area who share similar ideas, values, language, socioeconomic status.
Evangelism/Mission 2-People in my language group but different racially, linguistically, economically and socially.
Evangelism/Mission 3-People overseas with different languages, history, religious background, morals, ethics, etc.

Sweeten Life Systems has been involved in Equipping God's people to successfully communicate with every one of these categories. More on how later.

Read my book, Healing Release of the Holy Spirit to see how our theology speaks to every culture.



No comments: