Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Helping People Be Happy #3.



My fist book came directly from my dissertation. It was called Apples of Gold. Want to guess where that term originated? It is simple. From Proverbs, which is an entire book of advice and counsel. It is Soul Care.

A word wisely spoken is like an apple of Gold on a tray of silver. Proverbs 25:11

I wrote that monograph in the late Seventies after finishing a Doctorate in 1975. We began to equip our church members with the Core Conditions of Care, Genuineness, Respect, Empathy and Warmth and eight women learned them well enough to train others.

I later re-wrote Apples and it was published as Listening for Heavens Sake, in 1983 by the first international training organization we set up in 1978. It is Equipping Ministries International.

Since then the book has sold well over a million copies. I will never forget when it was translated into Norwegian. It is now in numerous languages including French, German, Russian, Chinese, Nepalese, Danish, Swedish, ETC. God is good.

In the front of the book is a chart that shows our inspiration. It is a drawing of Nine (9) Apples that show Anxiety or Peace, Faithfulness or Faithlessness, etc. It has a scale that allows readers to check the number closest to where we think we are in releasing each one.

I saw that the Common Factors coming from Psychological research relate exactly with the Fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22-23. My dissertation was accepted by a group of Professors at the University of Cincinnati, one of whom confessed to me that, "I have no idea what you are talking about but it is academically OK!"

So, the notion that Psychology and Scripture contradict each other fails to impress me. I know different.

Want more? Books and free videos. Hope and Change for Humpty Dumpty has all these ideas in it.




No comments: