Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Love Christmas Carols


I went over to the Blue Ash Chili place near my home in Mason today for lunch. The place was empty because I got here late and everyone had already eaten and gone back to work. But that was nice because it was nice and quiet.

As I sat down the refrains of a beautiful Carol came over the speaker system. I just laid back into my booth and listened as Sandy patty sang. Before long the Holy Ghost Chills started flowing from deep within the bowels of my heart and then tears of deep joy crept out of my closed eyes.

I can be a bi of a Scrooge at this time of year if I get caught up in the frenzy of running about and spending money like a mad man or ad man. This year I left Scrooge at home and allowed my spirit to drink deeply from the well of Incarnation joy that beautiful music and a quiet heart would bring.

I repent of allowing the anxious antics of the agnostic and atheist fringe groups to steal my peace and gratitude. I repent of inability to savor each Christmas carol and happy kid. I repent of being Scrooge before he was convicted by the Spirit. I WILL sing JOY TO THE WORLD and really mean it.

1 comment:

Jim Weible said...

Music, especially familiar music, has a power that has eluded description by worshippers since the beginning of time. You have captured some of that power here. The sounds of Christmas carols can accomplish so much more than put humans in the mood to spend money - they can touch our hearts and transform our spirits. Draw us into worship and lead us to repentance. Thanks for the reminder.