Wednesday, May 20, 2015

How Can We Best Overcome Overwhelming issues of Addictions, Abuse and Pain?



I saw in Post Communist Russia a flood of pain, sickness, addictions and domestic abuse. The USSR had been the second world power to the USA but it was falling apart socially, culturally and spiritually.

For 70 years Communists thugs had attacked the churches, killed the best leaders and wiped out families who had talents and skills because they were able to achieve more than others!

For the first time in history, a western nation saw a decrease in the life expectancy and population growth. It was a terrible crisis, at least ten times worse than anything I had seen even in our inner cities.

Why had God shown several people that He was calling us to go there and minister? What could I do to help the 200 million people, most of whom were suffering from massive Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

I was a pretty good Counselor and there were millions of damaged people. Should I open an office and help as many as possible?

I had an in-patient clinic for addiction and psychotherapy, and there were millions of addicts, should I open a hospital in Moscow or St. Petersburg?

I had written several books and developed videos to teach people about healthy Christian living and millions needed my teaching, should I write and develop videos?

I was a Minister. Should I plant a church? The Communists had killed over 100,000 Pastors and Priests and the need for churches was terrific.

I had a Doctorate and taught graduate school Counselors. Should I start a graduate school?

I have a gift for preaching, teaching and healing and millions needed all of that and more. Millions needed to hear the gospel. Should I travel from town to town preaching, healing and giving Bibles away?

Where should I start? Jesus faced a similar situation when He came to earth 2,000 year ago. It was a brutal, illness filled, area of hostility, war, persecution, rape, domestic abuse and addictions. What was His model for changing the world? Did it work?

Want to read ahead? Get my books that are on sale now so you can see how to change the world. See The Healing Release of the Holy Spirit as a starter.



No comments: