Friday, July 28, 2017

Lord Grant Me Serenity

Serenity Prayer

Pastor Reinhold Niebuhr

God, grant me the serenity to accept
The things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time:
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace:
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it:
Trusting that you will make all things right
If I surrender to your will:
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life

And supremely happy with you in the next

Part of this famous prayer of Serenity is used by Recovery Groups around the world to find peace for any person who is struggling with stress, fears, anxiety, and cannot find rest. 

Anyone following the current political frenzy and insanity in Washington, DC will find the prayer essential.

To read more about finding a calm mind, get my PDF book called Power Christian Thinking.


No comments: