Thursday, April 20, 2017



The Song Miriam sang after God delivered the Israelites from the Egyptian army as the faced the barrier of the Red Sea. God laid a trap for the Pharaoh. He opened the waters and allowed Moses and the people cross. Then, just as the chariots arrived in the gap, God caused the seas to collapsed on them. They drowned as a result.

It is an entirely appropriate song for Easter.

                I Will Sing Unto the Lord
                 Exodus 15


                        I will sing unto the Lord
For he has triumphed gloriously
The horse and the rider thrown into the sea
The Lord, my God, my strength, my song
Has now become my victory
The Lord is God and I will praise him
My Father is God and I will exalt him
I will exalt him

When we had a house church near the UC campus, our group loved to sing it and rejoice. 

No comments: