Saturday, January 7, 2017

Planning for 2017?


                 Now We See Though a Dark Glass Unclearly

I just spent a few hours making plans for meetings, writing proposals, raising money to expand our impact, and get away on a warm vacation. WOW! Big plans eh? 

But, what will God say about my plans. I don't know I hope God agrees with MY plans. 

I am sure Carrie Fisher had some great plans for 2017. In fact, she probably had nice plans about what she was 'GOING to in her flight ended. But, those plans did not make it to reality. Why? Was it bad planning or faulty ideas? Nope it was God who said, "Well, Carrie, I have my plans for you!"

I am not saying anything of a negative nature about Carrie Fisher. I admired her profesionally but did not know her or her spiiritual situation. But she was just like the rest of us. No one really knows if their plans wit be interrupted by illness, accident or death. In fact, God says so in James 4: 

13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.”

14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. 

What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 

16 As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil. 17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

It is pretty clear that I need to say: "My plans are up to God. If He wills it we shall go to ______________ and we shall do _____ and _____ !" 

Go now to this link and see some pf the other brilliant things I have written, said or taped. You might even like it!

No comments: