Saturday, March 14, 2015

How Can we Best Impact People and Society?


Leigh and Bob Fopma took Teleios Ministries to many places. Here is Leigh holding up one of our Christian Discipleship folders.

I went to a Work on Purpose event today. It was very well planned and very well attended. It appears that there are a lot of people interested in integrating their Christian faith into daily life and labor.

I strongly applaud that idea. I am happy to see believers leave the unbiblical model of separating life from faith. For too many decades we have seen faith as an opponent of life and work as an indication of greed.

This anti-biblical idea has produced far too many "Ministers" and committed "Laity" that were either "So heavenly they were no earthly good" or so "Earthly greedy they were of little spiritual good".

Many years ago I read a book entitled "Fully Human, Fully Alive" that excited me greatly. It was from a Christian point of view and focused on using our minds to serve God and humanity at the same time.

I was a Psychological Counselor at the time and had a strong desire to pursue God's call in my profession. Some of my Christian elders said,

"Stay away from Psychology because it is from the devil".

Some of my Secular Humanist teachers at  U.C. said,

"Stay away from faith in God because it was evil!"

I replied,

"A pox on both your houses". 

God's world encompasses both heavenly and earthly truth.
I have found more psychological truth in the Bible than any other book and I have found unlearned people in both camps.

See my web pages for more books, videos and papers on how to integrate faith and work and family and fun!



Kjell Aanensen, a Teleios Norway leader training Pastors and leaders in Mongolia how to have a great marriage. From Cincinnati, to Norway to Mongolia!

Kjell has trained thousands how to improve their marriage and parenting skills as well as leadership skills with our materials! Business Leaders thrive with Life Skills. 

No comments: