Friday, June 13, 2014

Jesus Movement Revival: The Stories of God's Love

             

Oceans of converts baptized in the Pacific Ocean!





Enough time has elapsed since the Jesus Movement came upon the world and brought enormous changes to the church and God's people. Here is a great You Tube Video that shows four Baptist seminary professors telling their stories about how Jesus changed their lives.

Read the history of The Jesus Movement by Larry Eskridge in God's Forever Family, Oxford University Press, 2013.

The Holy Spirit got hold of me in 1958 but I had no idea what that meant. I was driving in my 1967 Ford Fairlane to Benton, Illinois to join my fellow drinkers for a night of debauchery. I was blasted by God's intervention instead. That was my introduction to Jesus as a personal, wildly invasive Messiah. He was "The Hound of Heaven".

I hear many people talk about promoting revivals through prayer, repentance, fasting, Bible teaching, etc but I am not sure that will bring a supernatural flow of God's Spirit where whole continents are awakened. These things will always bring a personal revival and maybe a congregational revival. But  national revival?

How did you come to Jesus? Write and tell me.

You can get my materials on Pastoral Care, Christian Counseling and Christian Growth here. Check out my eBooks for $3.99 each for a PDF you can download.


No comments: