Thursday, April 17, 2014

Why is Easter Important?



I was in England teaching at a YWAM school in 200. Each day my family and I rode a train from 30 miles outside London into the city as tourists. On one of those trips I read a review of "As Wide as the Waters" a new book about the translation of the Bible into English. It is an exciting and powerful story that helped me understand the incredible power of the scripture to change individuals, governments and nations.

But the Bible, despite its message of love and joy, brought persecution, wars and martyrdom to many who tried to translate an d preach it. Why? One reason was it dethroned kings who claimed to rule by "Divine Rights ordained by God" and taught that "All men and women are created in the image of God."

When ordinary people saw this in Genesis they began to challenge the monarchs and insist on the rights of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". The people in power, of course, resisted as they resit even today.

Reading the Bible leads to revolutions and redemption.

My book, The Healing Release of the Holy Spirit tells much more about this.


No comments: