Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lessons From Dying Patients


Here is a great article on what people who have an incurable disease say they wish they had done when they were well. Before you read the article, think about what these people are saying and relate it to you own life.

What do you think you would regret if you were in a hospital bed at home facing your own mortality? Would you say the following things to yourself?

1. I wish I had made more money.
2. I wish I had gotten more fame.
3. I wish I had been more aggressive at work and done more for my company/church.
4. I wish I had pushed my kids harder to accomplish more in life like better grades and more money.
5. I wish I had lived in a better neighborhood, a bigger house and a more expensive car.
6. I wish ____________________________

Now read the article and think about its implications for your life.

Shalom,

Gary Sweeten

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gary, I'm not very savvy on this computer yet, so I need more instruction on how to read this article.... is there a link somewhere that I am missing? Please help. Thanks! :/

Anonymous said...

Mindy, The link was broken and I fixed it.